You know a mentor is key to advancing in your career, but as a Marine spouse where do you find a mentor to provide career guidance, advice and support?
Here are 6 places to start your search:
- Your Installation’s Family Member Employment Assistance Program. The Family Member Employment Assistance Program provides employment related referral services, career and skills assessments, one-on-one career coaching, job search guidance, resume writing, portable career opportunities, and education referrals/ guidance to all Marine family members.
- eMentor, an Award Winning Online Mentor Program
- Military Spouse Foundation. Mentoring is a huge part of the Military Spouse Foundation experience. When you’re feeling overwhelmed or confused, mentors give you that “big (virtual) hug” you need.
- Blue Star Networks. Blue Star Families provides an incubator for military spouse professionals to form grassroots networks to take on leadership roles and develop peer-to-peer mentoring within the spouse community.
- Blue Star Educators. This group is open to teachers, counselors, social workers and all educational professionals and academics.
- Blue Star Entrepreneurs. This group is for spouses who own their own businesses, work as independent contractors, and anyone whose occupation may not fit in the Healthcare or Education Networks.
- Blue Star Health Care Workers. This group is open to all military spouse health care and mental health care professionals from nursing to counseling to physical therapy and all health care fields in between.
- Joining Forces for Women Veterans and Military Spouses’ Mentoring Plus®. Joining Forces Mentoring Plus® offers unlimited free personal coaching and professional guidance—including working women mentors—for women veterans of all ranks and eras, military/veteran spouses, caregivers of wounded warriors, and survivors of fallen soldiers, to help them successfully identify, outline, and pursue civilian careers. Their high tech-high touch framework meets women where they are to address the distinct challenges they face and provide exposure and access to education, credentialing, career development, and entry into the broadest spectrum of industry, services, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Marine For Life Network. Marine For Life Network offers an online networking forum through LinkedIn. Spouses are welcome to join the group and ask for professional guidance from Marines, Employers, Recruiters, and other Spouses.