Getting Ready to travel to Japan? Click on the link below to watch the Marine Minute regarding PCSing to Japan during COVID-19:
For the latest III MEF and MARFORJ Command Information relating to the COVID-19 outbreak and current travel regulations, please visit the following link.
Due to public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the Department of State being under Critical Processing procedures, please visit https://passportmatters.army.mil/Default.aspx for up-to-date important notices for the Special Issuance, Official and No-Fee Passports.
MCIPAC-MCBBBul 1610 Okinawa COVID In-Stride Guidance: ROM restrictions update.
In order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Department of Defense will be requiring a negative COVID-19 test result before boarding for passengers departing BWI and SEATAC aboard Patriot Express flights. For more information download the FAQs PDF here.
Traveler's Tips contains information on the TSA screening process, 3-1-1 for carry-on, permitted and prohibited items and much more.
It is important for you to stay safe while traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior to your flight, begin to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms. Ensure you have the following items prior to your flight:
- Cloth face masks - for each traveler
- Hand sanitizer/disinfecting wipes
PLEASE NOTE: all incoming personnel are required to complete a 14-day ROM upon arrival. Ensure you have the following items with you or coordinate with your sponsor to have these items available for you if you will be in Contingency Housing or Permanent Housing:
- Face masks.
- Hand sanitizer/disinfecting wipes.
- Bedding & linens.
- Baby items (if applicable).
- Children's entertainment or comfort items.
- Towels and washcloths.
- Medication, contact lenses or glasses, and other hygiene items.
- Wi-Fi enabled electronic devices such as tablets or laptops to complete any check-in requirements available virtually during your 14-day ROM.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Set of dishes, kitchenware, and cutlery: temporary kitchen kits are available through the MCCS Marine & Family Programs-Resource Centers. Coordinate with your sponsor to secure a kit prior to your arrival
If arriving at the Naha Airport Domestic Terminal, please take a look the attached photos and information to familiarize yourself about Naha Airport. You can also go on the English web page of the Naha Domestic Passenger Terminal to find out more about ground transportation access from the Naha Domestic Terminal and domestic arrival routes in the Naha terminal.
During COVID-19, many Service Members and their families will arrive on Okinawa via the “Patriot Express” which arrives at the Air Mobility Command (AMC) Terminal at Kadena Air Base.
Where you will conduct your Restriction of Movement (ROM) will determine your move of transportation to the location:
Final Residence / Contingency Housing / Designated Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF)- Accompanied Personnel:
- Your sponsor will transport you from the AMC Terminal to your final residence.
E-5 and Below USMC Unaccompanied Personnel:
- Board the JRC bus upon arrival to the AMC Terminal. The JRC bus will transport you to your unit's designated ROM location.
E-6 and Above USMC Personnel:
- Your unit's designated transportation vehicle or designated representative will transport you to your quarters.
USNH Active Duty Personnel:
- Your unit's designated transportation vehicle or designated representative will transport you to your ROM location.
III MEF/MCIPAC 7220.1A - TLA Order contains information on policies regarding Temporary Living Allowance (TLA) and family housing for Marine commands on Okinawa.
The TLA Brochure and TLA Information Sheet contains local area information on TLA to include Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC) contact numbers and governing policies on when TLA is authorized.
Specific temporary lodging aboard Okinawa has been designated for incoming personnel to conduct their Restriction of Movement (ROM). Coordinate with your sponsor if you need to secure lodging prior to arrival.
The Westpac Lodging web page contains general information and amenities provided at the Westpac.
Here are some useful Japanese phrases to assist you upon your arrival in Japan.
Want to learn about Japanese Culture? Please visit the Air Force Culture and Language Center at: https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/AFCLC/expeditionary-readiness-training/Field-Guides/ to download the cultural handbook app on Japan on your smartphone or tablet device. It's also useful if you plan to visit other countries while living on Okinawa as it has a multitude of guides on other countries!
*If you have problems opening a file by directly clicking on it, please right click and select open on the pop-up menu.*