Ball Mementos are now available for individual purchase. You can find them at the following locations:
- Schwab BeachHead
- The Palms, Camp Hansen
- Courtney Bayview
- Courtney Tengan Castle
- Butler Officers' Club
- Foster Ocean Breeze
- Foster Tsunami Scuba
- Foster Bowling Center
- Foster Custom Shop
- Futenma Habu Pit
- Futenma Thirsty's
- Kinser Surfside
MCCS Food & Hospitality, along with your hosting Marine Corps Ball club manager, provides a Marine Corps Ball program for each ball attendee. Programs typically include a single insert with the Guest of Honor’s (GOH) photo and biography. As long as requisite GOH deadlines are met, 45 days prior to your unit's ball, MCCS Food & Hospitality will ensure the GOH insert is printed and delivered to the venue for your unit to place at each seat with the program.
Instructions for Guest of Honor Biography and Photo submission:
- All GOH biographies should follow the Department of Defense Style Guide, issued March 30, 2013. (See Sample GOH below)
- Guest of Honor biographies and photos are due no later than 45 days prior to your unit’s ball. MCCS will not produce Guest of Honor inserts if submitted past the 45 day deadline.
- Keep the word count between 300 and 500 words.
- Please ensure the biographies reflect the Guest of Honor’s current billet and rank. If your GOH is a civilian, please include their current occupational title and city of residence.
- MCCS Marketing cannot edit acronyms, awards, battles or campaigns, other than ensuring spelling and grammar are correct. Proper nomenclature is the unit POC’s responsibility. Acronyms will be used as submitted.
- Use a vertical photo that is a high resolution (300 dpi).
- The photo must be free of any text and/or borders. (No command board photos please).
- Submit biographies and photos to both email addresses: email@example.com and MarketingAccounts@okinawa.usmc-mccs.org. You may copy and paste the biography and photo in an email, or attach the biography/photo as a word doc.
Please note: deadline and biography and photo specifications will be enforced.
If you miss your unit’s Guest of Honor deadline, this template is available for you to create your own GOH insert.
Marine Corps Birthday Ball Entertainment Plan
- Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) will provide a Disc Jockey (DJ) for all Birthday Balls held at the assigned MCCS facilities at no cost to the unit. If a Birthday Ball is held outside of an assigned MCCS facility the unit will borne the DJ expense. If a unit wishes to request a live band and if the type of band requested is available, the requesting unit will borne the cost of the entertainment. The request for a band must be submitted 30 days prior to the date of the Birthday Ball. To make a request, contact the Entertainment Coordinator at telephone number 645-5821 or send an email.
- Entertainment Branch.
- Ensure Entertainment is contracted and scheduled to support each of the balls, and be prepared to accommodate additional support as may be directed by the MCCS Chief (e.g., a live band vice a disc jockey).
- Ensure that adequate DJ sound equipment is available to support the entertainment requirement for each of the scheduled Marine Corps Balls.
- Entertainment Branch.
- COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS
- A listing of the names of the disc jockeys identified to support each of the respective balls will be published by Entertainment; under separate cover. Care will be taken to ensure that the genre of music played will be variety, so that all genres are covered during the Birthday Balls.
- All facility managers hosting a ball should make direct liaison with the unit representatives for each scheduled ball to determine any special requirements necessary to support their ball (e.g., podium, special lighting).
- DJs will have all of their equipment in place, conducted sound checks, and be ready for operations no later than 1700 on the evenings they are scheduled to provide such services.
- Unless otherwise directed by Entertainment, the DJ will be prepared to provide services from the completion of the dinner service to the scheduled end of the respective balls.
Marine Corps Birthday Ball Photography Services Plan
- There will be an assigned photographer at each Ball.
- You do not need to make a request if your ball is on the calendar.
- Birthday Ball photography packages will be available for sale via the internet.
- Attendees can have their photographs taken by professional photographers at no cost.
- Ball photography website link and secure password will be available via digital monitors within the facility. Attendees can view, choose and purchase a wide range of sizes, finishes, and products utilizing their ball images. Digital downloads will also be available.
- Attendees will be able to share their password to allow family and friends to purchase these photographs.
- Orders can be processed by each attendee via credit/debit card over the secure website at their leisure.
- No cash transactions will take place on-site.
- Photographs are printed by an online source and mailed directly to the attendee’s PSC box, unit or address of their choice.
- For more information, contact DSN 645-5809 / Off Base 098-970-5809 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit mccsphotography.enjoyphotos.com
- Login using your email address with password: 19512
Please note that it may take up to 10 days for your ball photographs to be accessible and available to view for purchase.
Download and complete the request form, here:
Or click this link: https://www.iiimef.marines.mil/Band/Request-Forms/
**Please be advised submissions of a band request does not automatically guarantee band support for your event.
Marine Corps Community Services Children and Youth Programs will not be able to accommodate the Marine Corps Balls during this ball season due to unforeseen staff shortages.
Units may request care for the USMC Ball a minimum of two weeks prior to the event. The care is paid by the Unit requesting the services. Names and ages of children needing care will be provided to the Resource and Referral Office no less than two weeks prior to the event. Those families identified for care must register their children through the Resource and Referral Office, Camp Foster, Bldg. 495, Room 100, DSN 645-4117 / Off Base 098-971-4117 no less than one week prior to the event. Families are required to complete CYP registration forms and provide a copy of their child’s immunization record.
Please submit Transportation Request Forms to email@example.com no later than TWO WEEKS or 14 calendar days prior to your scheduled ball. Faxed and hand delivered requests will not be accepted.
A single Point of Contact (POC) is required to ensure efficient, accurate and precise fulfilment of the request is attained. If for any reason the POC has been reassigned, please ensure MCCS Motor Transportation is provided the new POC’s information as soon as possible.
Please ensure to provide a Staff or Senior NCO on each bus to maintain order, discipline, and passenger safety at all times while in transit.
Balls being held at MCCS facilities take priority over Balls being held elsewhere. Additionally, Balls being held outside of MCCS facilities will incur a $50 per hour Charter Fee per bus with a minimum 3-hour start-up fee.
In the event your unit does not require or no longer requires bus transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org informing Motor Transportation that services are not required and/or of cancellation.
Download the Transportation Request Form 2022.
Point of Contact
- Pearl Angelie Uy
- Phone: 645-5258/4717
- Email: email@example.com
- MCCS - Installation Finance
- Building 5966, 2nd Floor Room 206, Camp Foster
Marine Corps Ball Fundraiser questions can be forwarded to the SJA office located in Bldg. All fundraising requests are now processed through SJA.
Unit Funds Account Access
The Commanding Officer must assign a Designee to be responsible for their Marine Corps Ball Account. The MCCS Installation Finance will only discuss the account balance or process payments/withdrawals/transfers with the Commanding Officer or the Designee; however, anyone can deposit funds to the account. A Marine Corps Ball Funds Delegation Letter (click to view sample) must be submitted.
Unit POCs can deposit MC Ball money at any MCCS clubs cash cages listed below for the purpose of a later purchase of tickets or to deposit MC Ball fundraising money. Note: Deposits made must be coded to your Unit’s USMC Ball Fund Raising account, coded to BUM105.4501.00000.0010.210801.000.0.U105XX.000.00000.00000 (View page 3 of this PDF for your XX, Unit Code).
Camp Schwab – Beachhead Camp Courtney – Hashmarks SNCO Club
Camp Hansen – The Palms Camp Kinser – Surfside
Camp Foster - Ocean Breeze
Using the MCCS Okinawa Deposit Form (click to view sample), be sure to list your Unit Funds Account Line of Accounting on the deposit form. If you do not know the LOA, please contact Installation Finance or the club in which your ball is being held. Also indicate if the funds being deposited are from Birthday Ball Ticket Sales or from a Fundraising Event, and include a brief description of the event.
Requesting Money for the Marine Corps Ball
In order to release funds to a club to purchase ball tickets, or to release funds for other ball related expenses a completed form NAVMC11652, Expenditure Request/Reimbursement For Unit & family Readiness Funds (click to view PDF), must first be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. MCCS Installation Finance will issue checks or funds to a club as requested. Check Requests submitted by 2 p.m. Friday will be available for pick-up that Thursday afternoon after 1 p.m. A transfer of funds to a club will be available two (2) business day after the date of requests.
If a check is issued (to purchase items other than tickets, i.e. decorations) the payee must reconcile with the Installation Finance within 5 working days of the after the event via email to email@example.com. Send the copy of the receipts with 3rd party signatures and return any unused funds at any MCCS clubs cash cages. 3rd Party Signatures should contain printed name, signature and date of an individual other than the person who received the funds confirming receipt of the items for the event.
- MC Ball Delegation Letter Sample
- MCCS Deposit Form
- MC Ball Ticket Purchases & Deposits
- MCCS Expenditure Request