Transition Readiness Program (TRP) provides our transitioning Marines and their families with the resources and tools needed to reach their personal goals and includes a standardized core curriculum.
The Transition Readiness Program (TRP) works to ensure that Marines are prepared for their transition from military to civilian life and provides Marines and their families with the tools and resources needed to pursue the Department of Defense directed Career Readiness Standards. The program promotes awareness of the Career Readiness Standards (CRS) that Service Members must meet to create a successful transition and meet TAP compliance per the 10 U.S.C. § 1142(a)(4). Service Members must comply with the below conditions to become TAP compliant.
- Initial Counseling
- Pre-Separation Counseling
- TRS or Pre-Retirement
- 2-day track*
- Capstone Review
- Commander/Designee Verification
*A 2-day track is only required for Tier 3 Service Members. Please refer to your eForm if you are unsure of your tier status
Service Members are eligible to start their transition process as early as 24 months prior to separation and no later than 12 months. To register and receive the TRS Pre-Work Checklist Service Members must contact their Unit Transition Coordinator (UTC). If you need assistance identifying your UTC, please contact our office at MCBB_TRP@USMC.MIL .
SgtMaj of the Marine Corps, SgtMaj Troy E. Black with a special message for our Marines and their families on the new Transition Readiness Program process and its importance.
**If you have problems opening a link by directly clicking on it, please right click and select open on the pop-up menu.**
**Please be advise, some military sites and links are not compatible with all web browsers. It is highly recommended to use chrome.**
- 2023 Transition Readiness Seminar Schedule
- Things You Need to Know / Things You Need to Do Resource List
- Resources Guides
- Pre-Separation Counseling Resource Guide (DoDTap)
- Department of Veterans Affairs Website
- My Next Move Interest Profiler
- USO Pathfinder
- Marine for Life Network
- Federal Bonding Program
- Joint Service Transcript (JST)
- Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)
- eForm (web location)
- Transition Assistance Participant Assessment
- MCCS Skillbridge
- Smooth Move
- TRS Department of Labor (DOL Day) - Employment Fundamentals of Career Transition (EFCT)
- Employment / Education Information