Enlisted to Officer (E-O) contains four commissioning programs: Enlisted Commissioning Program (ECP), Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning Education Program (MECEP), Reserve – Enlisted Commissioning Program (R-ECP) and the Meritorious Commissioning Program - Reserve (MCP-R).
Marine Corps Enlisted to Officer programs are designed to assist outstanding enlisted Marines in becoming commissioned officers.
Per MCO 1040.43B
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess exemplary character; no convictions
- Explain NJPs, Courts-martial, and fully disclose drug use
- PFT: 225, CFT: 270
- SAT minimum: 1000, ACT minimum: 22
- AFQT: 74
- Ground candidates: 20-30 years old
- Aviation candidates: 20-27½ years old
- Applications must have satisfactorily earned a baccalaureate level degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university prior to applying for the program.
- E-3 and above
- Minimum 1 year active duty
- 12 College Credits
- 3 Math or Science
- 3 English
- 6 Any Elective
- E-5 and above
- 3 years time in service, 1 year left on contract
- Must attend a school with NROTC
How it Works:
- You will first attend OCS, then college, you will then be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant followed by The Basic School (TBS).
When you attend the Naval Academy all tuition and fees will be covered by USNA and active duty pay will stop. You can commission as an Ensign or Second Lieutenant. View more info here.
- At least 17, but no more than 23 years of age
- Unmarried, no children
- Medically Qualified
- Command Recommendation
- SAT: 550 Math & 500 Critical Reading
- ACT: 24 Math & 22 English
- From High School:
- 4 years of math (algebra, geometry, & trigonometry)
- 4 years of English
- 1 year of chemistry
- Strongly Recommended: physics, calculus, history and two years of foreign language
This program is designed to take enlisted personnel and prepare them for commissioning in the medical corps as nurses.
- You will maintain your full pay and allowances while attending school. All tuition and fees are paid by the student. You may use the GI Bill. You must be able to complete your degree by Age 42. Upon completion, you will commission as an Ensign in the US Navy.
- SAT: 500 Math & 500 Critical Reading
- ACT: 21 Math & 21 English
- Completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in various subjects
- You must have applied for or been accepted into a nursing program
- You need to be able to complete the program within 36 months.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
This program is designed for enlisted personnel to commission into various portions of the Naval Medical Field. Upon completion you will commission as an Ensign in the Navy.
- E5 to E9 only
- Must be able to complete the program within 24-48 months
- You must be able to commission by Age 42
- Commanding Officer Recommendation
- SAT: 1000
- ACT: 42 combined Math & English
- Minimums vary by degree program.
A Sample of Offered Programs:
- Health Care Administration
- Environmental Health
- Industrial Hygiene
- Physician Assistant
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Radiation Health
For more information on Medical Commissioning Opportunities, please see https://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmpdc/professional-development/SitePages/Enlisted%20Commissioning%20Programs.aspx